Please read the PDF for details about the Eugene Celebration Parade staging instructions. River Road is #4 in the parade.
The below text is from Renee Kane at the City of Eugene with some more info about the parade and a opportunity for those who march in the parade and volunteer at the Eugene Celebration to get a free three day pass and a t-shirt.
We’re so excited about the great response from neighborhood associations (we’re still working to get even more NAs , so feel free to put some pressure on the neighborhoods listed below ;-). Here are some parade details. Please be sure to share them with those from your neighborhoods who will be walking in the parade.
NOTE: If you’re NOT the organizer for your neighborhood, please forward this email along as soon as possible, so we can make sure everyone knows about parade details and opportunities.
- We’ll have an identifying sign for each neighborhood and a bunch of “wands” with streamers. You’re welcome to bring anything to enliven your presence — noisemakers, streamers, hats, costumes, etc.
- We may have space for a couple of people to ride in the car or the pedicab. As soon as we hear from City Council on their preferred mode of travel in the parade, we’ll let you know. In the meantime, if you have neighbors who would participate if they could ride, please let me know and we’ll do our best to accommodate them. (BIG Kudos to Barbara Denlis and her son Andy who are helping their elderly neighbor to participate by pushing her wheelchair – you are GREAT neighbors!!!)
- We have some WeGene! t-shirts (sizes small to 2XL) that anyone who marches in the parade is welcome to wear (and keep, of course!). People can call me to reserve a shirt for pick up in the Atrium (best option) or stop by the Neighborhoods office. 541-682-6243, email@example.com
- Those who march in the parade and take a shift at the City of Eugene booth will receive a three-day pass to the celebration. Go here to sign up: http://doodle.com/4dbm3rngv37muugz . We’ll be featuring neighborhoods this year and we’ll invite people to tell us what Eugene means to them and have their picture taken. Photos will be used for a slide show on the City website and for the Neighborhoods, USA conference next year.
Remember Neighborhood Services will share the cost of banners or a cool, sturdy custom neighborhood meeting sign for neighborhood associations that have five or more members walking in the parade.
Some Parade details (more in the attachment):
- Keep in mind we are not allowed to distribute goodies, gifts or fliers long the parade route.
- We are allowed to be awesome!!!
- Assemble by 9:15 at 19th and High Street
Here are the Eugene Neighborhoods who have confirmed their participation:
Crest Drive Citizens Association, Friendly Area Neighbors, Harlow Neighborhood Association, Laurel Hill Valley Citizens, River Road Community Organization, South University Neighborhood Association, Southeast Neighbors, Trainsong Neighbors
We’ve yet to hear from:
Active Bethel Citizens, Amazon Neighbors, Cal Young Neighborhood Association, Churchill Area Neighbors, Downtown Neighborhood Association, Fairmount Neighborhood Association, Goodpasture Island Neighbors, Jefferson Westside Neighbors, Northeast Neighbors, West University Neighborhood Association, Whiteaker Community Council… so feel free to pester, cajole, bribe, incentivize, nag, harass, hound, hector, bother, plead, or bedevil them.
Rene C. Kane | Neighborhood Services