River Road Community Organization
Executive Board Meeting
July 9, 2012; 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
River Road Annex, 1055 River Road
6:00 Board Picnic by the River
Meet at the Annex and walk to the River
Bring your potluck dish and eating utensils
Eat and visit
Santa Clara Community Garden info
Approve meeting minutes
7:00 Pending business
* July 22 (Sunday) – Riverfront Bike Path Clean Up – Jon
What time? Who will do what?
* July 22 – River Road Village Market – 10:00 to 2:00, 850 Horn Ln – Carleen & Tuula
Literature items, other? It’s the same date as the Bike Path Clean up
* August 13 – Tamale Making Social & Plant and Veggie Swap – Carleen (handout)
Discuss details, task assignments, food procurement, decorations, Tapas table, Plant and Veggie Swap, tablecloths, eating utensils reserved
* September 8 – Free – Annual Pancake Breakfast – Will & Lynn
* SCRROL: Board vote on proposed motion: Form a new advocacy group named “The Santa Clara-River Road Implementation Planning Team” (SCRRIPT). This task force would be composed of River Road and Santa Clara representatives to work on common goals. ; funds to continue that work—newsletter, other
* Coal Train – Does RRCO want to write a statement about the impact of Coal Triains on RR or do we want to hold a General membership meeting to hear neighbors’ views and perhaps take a neighborhood position to submit to City/County?
* Graffiti eradication team; Neighborhood Watch; Sheriff’s town hall
* High-alcohol beer sales – Update
* iContact evaluation – Is it conveying the message we want? How does it look? Spanish inclusion? Etc.?
* RRCO contact cards
* Open RR Board position – 2 year term
* September – General Membership meeting is proposed. The program might be Coal Trains and SCRROL/SCRRIPT. A
SCRROL newsletter might possibly be published by that time.